The Daily Post asks, what would you do with $1 million, tax-free?
- Set 1/4 to 1/3 of it aside for my son.
- Pay off my credit card, then cancel the card and get a new one that has a much more reasonable interest rate.
- Buy a new car. Nothing extravagant – I prefer small cars, so a Mazda2 or a Honda Fit would do nicely.
- Help my mother pay off her debts.
- Take half of what’s left and invest it so I’ll have something to live on for the rest of my life. Use some of it to travel to Europe and then go on a nice long vacation someplace tropical, with white sands, blue seas, and plenty of palm trees for shade (I burn easily). Donate generously to local and international charitable organizations.
- Use the other half to endow college scholarships for single mothers and young women studying medieval history.